Clarithromycin accelerates the resolution of VAP and weaning from
mechanical ventilation in surviving patients.
Clarithromycin Injection BP
For I.V Use Only
- Acute Bacterial Exacerbation of Chronic Bronchitis in Adults
- Acute Maxillary Sinusitis
- Community-Acquired Pneumonia
- Uncomplicated Skin and Skin Structure Infections
- Treatment and Prophylaxis of Disseminated
- Mycobacterial Infections
- Helicobacter pylori Infection
- Duodenal Ulcer Disease in Adults
Clarithromycin provided beneficiary nonantibiotic effects in
experimental studies which includes anti-inflammatory properties.
Adults: The recommended dosage of Clarimust IV is 1.0
gram daily, divided into two 500mg doses, appropriately diluted.
Children older than 12 years:
As for adults.
Children under 12 years:
Use of Clarimust IV 500 mg is not recommended for children younger than 12 years
Elderly: As for adults.
Renal Impairment: In patients with renal impairment who have creatinine
clearance less than 30ml/min, the dosage of Clarimust should be reduced to one
half of the normal recommended dose